September is National Family Meals Month! We’re joining this nation-wide movement that inspires families to eat at home more often and highlights the importance of sharing meals together with your family.
No doubt, juggling jobs, kids and the demands of a busy, modern life often come at the expense of family mealtime at home. However, these family meals have been proven to:
- Benefit the health and wellness of children and adolescents
- Fight obesity
- Deter substance abuse
- Make families stronger and closer
So what are you waiting for – join us to create this positive impact on your family and community! Here’s how:
- Share one more meal with your family per week. A family can be defined in a variety of ways. Family can mean your immediate relatives, college roommates, neighbors, visiting friends, teammates, church group, book club or more – anyone that you care about enough to sit down with and share a meal.
- Cook together. We’ll be posting new recipes throughout September that you can try or you can check out our recipe collection by visiting our news archive. Preparing a simple meal together is a fun and educational way to spend quality time with your family.
- Enter our giveaway! We’re teaming up with our sister brands to host a product giveaway. Brands include Best Choice, Clearly Organic, Always Save and Superior Selections. To enter is simple: when you’re enjoying a family meal this month, snap a photo. Then upload it to our giveaway form here. That’s it. We can’t wait to see what you’re cooking!
Why is participating in Family Meals Month so important? Numerous studies underscore the long-term nutritional, economic and social advantages of consistently eating together as a family. Home-cooked meals nourish the spirit, brain and health of all family members. Not to mention, people who frequently cook at home eat fewer, healthier calories.* Additionally, regular family meals are linked to the kinds of outcomes that we all want for our children: higher grades and self-esteem, healthier eating habits and less risky behavior. Plus, it’s a great way to save money as opposed to eating out for meals.
So join us this month as we share fun ideas and easy recipes that will create delicious meals and lasting memories together with our families.
You can learn more about National Family Meals Month here: https://www.fmi.org/family-meals-month
* Source Note: Cornell University College of Human Ecology Department of Policy Analysis and Management: Do Family Meals Really Make a Difference?, Eliza Cook, Rachel Dunifon. 2012; Accessed August 29, 2016. http://www.human.cornell.edu/ pam/outreach/upload/Family-Mealtimes-2.pdf
Have a question? Leave us a message on Facebook.