Fall is the best time to enjoy a crisp, ripe apple. They are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and fiber. One of the best qualities of apples might be their versatility. They can stand alone as a wholesome snack or be added to the main course for texture and flavor. You can enjoy apples in savory dishes, salads, dips, and a wide variety of desserts. Here are some unique ways to enjoy apples this Fall.
- Add thinly sliced apples to your next charcuterie board. Slice red and green apples very thin and dip them in lemon juice to preserve color. A thin apple slice can work just like a cracker. They pair beautifully with sharp cheddar cheese, goat cheese, and all varieties of nuts.
- Make sandwiches with apple slices. Turkey, ham, and grilled cheese sandwiches taste great with thin apple slices added between the bread.
- Add small apple chunks to pancakes, waffles, or sweet bread. Apple chucks are a nutritious and delicious addition to any classic breakfast food.
- Roast apples along with your favorite root veggies. A mix of sweet and golden potatoes and chopped apples blend well together when roasted with olive oil and salt & pepper.
- Mix apples with your favorite grains. A warm grain bowl can be brought to life with chopped seasonal apples and an apple cider vinaigrette.
- Enhance your party dishes with apples. Cooked apples and butternut squash make a sweet and savory bruschetta mix. Cube and roast the butternut squash with apples, then mix with ricotta cheese or goat cheese. This mixture can be a delightful topper for crackers or crostini.
Have a question? Leave us a message on Facebook.