Make a restaurant-quality quesadilla right in the comfort of your own kitchen. There’s something we all love about a simple delicious meal with only a few ingredients. Quesadillas also have the ability to transform a few random leftovers into something wholesome and delicious. Here are a few tips and tricks for making the perfect quesadilla.
- Start with one 8 to 10 in flour tortilla. Flour tortillas typically work best because they can get golden brown and slightly crisp. Using one tortilla and folding it over verses two sandwich style tortillas tends to be easier to fill and cook evenly.
- Have your favorite fillings warm and ready before you begin cooking. Plan for about 1/2 cup of filling for each tortilla. Easy filling ideas are corn and black beans, taco meat and salsa, cooked shrimp and avocado, chicken and roasted veggies or just cheese.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon butter or oil to the pan and heat it over medium heat. Adding to much butter or oil can make the tortilla soggy, and making the temperature too hot can burn things quickly.
- Once the tortilla is warm on the pan sprinkle cheese on the tortilla and add warm filling to one side of the tortilla. Once the cheese has melted slightly fold over the tortilla and flip it so each side is evenly brown and the cheese can melt completely.
- When the cheese is melted transfer the tortilla to a cutting board and slice your quesadilla into wedges. Enjoy with Clearly Organic salsa and sour cream!
Have a question? Leave us a message on Facebook.