When it comes to preparing meals in advance it’s always nice to find fun ways to put a spin on classic go-to recipes. Mason jars add a rustic charm and delight to anything they hold. They can make food more appealing and colorful, while also providing a pre-portioned easily microwaveable container.
Here are 5 unique combinations to mix up in a mason jar:
- Quinoa salad. Add a vinaigrette dressing to the bottom, then add tomatoes, cucumber, quinoa and feta cheese. Pour contents onto a plate when you’re ready to enjoy a healthy lunch or dinner.
- Overnight oats with chia seeds and fruit. Mix old flashed oats with chia seeds and almond milk. Add your favorite fruit to the top of the oat mixture.
- Taco salad. Place salsa, sour cream, taco meat, rice, tomatoes, cheese and lettuce in a jar. Secure the lid and you’re ready for a hearty salad on the go.
- Stir fry veggies and shrimp. Pre-sauté your favorite frozen or fresh stir fry veggies with added shrimp. Add pre-cooked vegetables, rice, soy sauce and shrimp to a jar then reheat in the microwave before serving.
- Layered lasagna. Place pre-made meat sauce, ricotta cheese, any shape cooked noodles, wilted spinach and mozzarella cheese in a jar. Reheat, mix and enjoy