Your waffle maker doesn’t just have to be the source of delicious breakfast food. Waffle makers can be used to cook a variety of different creations. Since waffle makers apply heat to both sides of food they can work like a panini press and cook things evenly and fast. Here are five fun ways to use your waffle maker.
- Quesadillas. All you need is flour tortilla shells, shredded cheese, and salsa. Heat the flour tortillas with a warm waffle iron, add your filling and heat until the cheese melts.
- Grilled cheese. Use your favorite bread and cheese, place buttered bread right on the waffle irons and heat until bread is golden and cheese is melted.
- Pizza. A quick and delicious pizza can come from your waffle iron. Make a pizza crust or use a prepared dough from the refrigerated section. Spread pizza dough onto the iron and cook about 5 minutes. Lift the lid and add your favorite toppings and cheese. Hold the lid slightly open to melt the cheese.
- Cornbread. Use a box of cornbread mix or make your own cornbread batter. Pour the batter onto your waffle iron and cook just like you would a waffle.
- Brownies. Use your favorite store-bought or homemade brownie recipe, but add an extra egg. Then pour the batter onto your waffle maker and cook until the brownies have reached your desired doneness.
Have a question? Leave us a message on Facebook.