August is National Peach Month. Enjoying fresh seasonal fruit can offer your body a wide range of vitamins and minerals. Now is the time to purchase peaches, nectarines, and plums. These delightful and juicy fruits provide your body anti-inflammatory properties and help lower cholesterol levels. Peaches are a particularly versatile fruit. Not only are they a great addition to a salad, but they can also be used in sandwiches, soups, and salsas. Here are 5 unique ways to enjoy peaches.
- Add peaches to avocado toast. Toast up your favorite whole grain bread then add avocado slices and ripe peach slices. This makes for a sweet and savory meal.
- Peach and goat cheese snack. Ripe peach slices with a little Clearly Organic honey, goat cheese can make a delicious healthy snack or a great appetizer for your next outdoor cookout.
- Summer chilled soup. Add peach chunks to your favorite gazpacho recipe or replace the traditional tomato base with peaches.
- Grilled cheese sandwich with brie and peach slices. You can add a sweet summer twist to a grilled cheese if you add peach slices, brie, and a little sweet basil.
- Peach sweet bread. Peach chunks are a delightful addition to a loaf of sweet bread, pancakes, and waffles.
Have a question? Leave us a message on Facebook.