Make a lunch you will actually look forward to eating. It’s easy to get stuck in a boring sandwich rut. By finding the right combination of protein and vegetables you can easily make a delicious lunch that will keep you full and satisfied. If 30 minutes could be set aside for weekly meal prep on a Sunday afternoon, then multiple high quality lunches can be prepped for the week. Here are some ideas to help improve your lunch making routine.
- Make a large batch of pasta salad with pesto. As you go throughout the week you can add additional veggies or chicken to increase protein. 2 cups of cooked orzo pairs well with cherry tomatoes, chopped spinach, fresh mozzarella cheese and pesto. This salad holds up in refrigerator for about a week.
- Use cooked quinoa, farro, couscous or rice as a base for chicken salad.
- Roasted squash goes great with cooked quinoa. If a whole squash can be chopped and roasted on a Sunday night then add it to different grains throughout the week. Butternut squash makes a delicious salad when teamed with chopped apples, dried cranberries, quinoa and toasted almonds.
- Do more with chickpeas. These tasty beans pair well with avocado. Drain and rinse a can of chickpeas then make a simple salad with chickpeas, avocado, lime juice and tomato.
- Make a taco salad or burrito bowl. Rice, seasoned ground beef, beans, corn, tomatoes and your favorite taco ingredients can be a filling lunch that also holds in the refrigerator for a week.
Have a question? Leave us a message on Facebook.