5 Unique Ways to Cook with Squash
Winter squash is wonderfully versatile and healthy comfort food. These hearty vegetables add a satisfying earthy flavor to a variety of recipes. Try adding squash to a salad, soup, casserole or pizza and you will be pleasantly surprised. Almost every type of squash is great for puréeing, roasting and baking. Once your favorite squash is cooked and mashed it can be used for main dishes, side dishes, sweet breads, muffins, and pies.
Here are 5 unique ways to cook with squash.
- Cube and roast a butternut, acorn or buttercup squash. Then use the roasted squash as a pizza topping!
- Use a roasted squash shell as a bowl. Pumpkin, spaghetti squash, and acorn squash skins make an excellent bowl for soup or a hearty meal.
- Make healthy noodles. Zucchini and butternut squash spiralize beautifully into a hearty noodle texture.
- Puréed butternut squash makes an excellent sauce for mac and cheese.
- Make a vegetarian casserole. Squash provides a flavorful and filling base for a hot dish.
Have a question? Leave us a message on Facebook.